Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read these terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. Your continued use of this website confirms your acceptance of these terms.
Goods and Services
- Logistically viable goods can be dispatched for order under £250 for a delivery charge of £10. We operate within a timescale of 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs and may not be able to deliver if shop opening hours or closing days prevent.
- Any damages or shortages must be reported to the Sales office within 3 working days from the date of delivery. No claims will be entered into thereafter. Claims or disputes will not entitle any customer to adjust payment on any invoice. Any goods that are subject to a claim must be kept until collection has been authorised and arranged. (see procedure below).
- No responsibility will be accepted for damage or faults on goods which have been edited, customised or used by a third party
- Custom Made Products are final and are not eligible for returns, exchanges, changes or alterations.
- No responsibility whatsoever will be accepted for losses, damages or shortages of goods collected and/or transported by couriers or third parties.
- Under no circumstances shall J.C. Household be liable to the buyer for loss of profits or economic loss. The goods shall be at the buyers risk from the time of delivery to the buyers premises or to other premises specified for delivery.
- A large proportion of our product range is natural and is therefore subject to changes in colour and finish. Although overall quality is not affected, this is an inherent part of our stockholding and should be viewed as such.
- Whilst we demand the highest standards of build quality for our products, we accept no liability whatsoever for faults or defects occurring within commercial/contract/catering environments.
- J.C. Household will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever arising from, or in connection with the supply of defective goods, delay in delivery, non delivery, or loss or damage to goods whilst in transit to the property of the purchaser, or any third party.
- All prices are exclusive of V.A.T. We reserve the right to alter prices without notice. Orders are executed at prices in force at time of delivery.
- Delivered or collected goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of J.C. Household as legal and equitable owner until fully paid. The buyer acknowledges they are in possession of the goods only on condition full payment is made and until then the buyer has undertaken to store such goods on their premises separately from their own stock and readily identifiable as the property of J.C. Household. The buyers rights to possession of such goods shall cease if their actions entitle a receiver to take possession of their assets or entitle any person to petition for the winding up or bankruptcy of the buyer. J.C. Household may for the purpose of examination or recovery of their goods enter any premises where they are stored or reasonably thought to be stored. If the buyer sells any property belonging to J.C. Household before title is transferred the proceeds must be held in trust for J.C. Household and shall not be mixed with any other money or paid into an overdrawn account. It must remain identifiable as money belonging to J.C. Household. The buyer undertakes that no order will be placed during insolvency and knows of no circumstances that would entitle any creditor to appoint a receiver or petition for winding up or bankruptcy or to exercise any other rights against their assets.
J.C. Houehold returns procedure.
- J.C. Household MUST be notified within 3 days of any alleged defects or discrepancies. After this time J.C. Household will accept no responsibility.
- A blank Returns form will be sent through and this must be completed in full including the invoice number and a full description of the problem, accompanied with photographs. Only when the Returns Form has been authorised will a collection note be issued for a courier to collect.
- If the item(s) must be returned, it/they must be re-packed in the original packaging if applicable. Pre-packaged goods will NOT be accepted otherwise. It is therefore important to retain relevant boxes and polystyrene until the goods have been checked. Returns will not be accepted if
the packaging has been written on, E.g. “Faulty”, “Return To J.C. Household” etc.
- Returns will be collected when the Returns form is fully processed and ONLY on the occasion of a subsequent delivery.
- Once the item(s) is received at J.C. Household and the fault is verified, a credit will be issued and applied to the sales ledger. Deductions from other deliveries are not permitted as this impacts on stock control and account administration.
- Where possible, remedial work will be carried out on a returned piece and it will be re-delivered with the next available order.
- We reserve the right to return any piece that we deem to be in good saleable condition.
1. It is not necessary to register with us in order to use most parts of this website. However, particular areas of this website will only be accessible only if you have registered.
Use of website
1. This website may be used for your own private purposes and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
2. You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent.
1. All reasonable measures are taken by us to ensure that this website is operational all day, every day. However, occasionally technical issues may result in some downtime and accordingly we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
2. Where possible we always try to give advance warning of maintenance issues that may result in website down time but we shall not be obliged to provide such notice.
Visitor provided material
2. When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
3. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 1.7.
Links to and from other websites
1. Throughout this website you may find links to third party websites. The provision of a link to such a website does not mean that we endorse that website. If you visit any website via a link on this website you do so at your own risk.
2. Any party wishing to link to this website is entitled to do so provided that the conditions below are observed:
(a) you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website; and
(c) the website from which you link to this website does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or, content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
3. By linking to this website in breach of clause 1.10 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered to this website as a result of such linking.
1. Whilst we do take all reasonable steps to make sure that the information on this website is up to date and accurate at all times we do not guarantee that all material is accurate and, or up to date.
2. All material contained on this website is provided without any or warranty of any kind. You use the material on this website at your own discretion.
Exclusion of liability
1. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using this website.
2. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence which cannot be excluded or under the law of the United Kingdom.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. Any dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.